Thursday, April 30, 2009

Remove ads in WLM 9

I hate ads on my screen, and recently I was unable to remove the ads on my Windows Live Messenger (WLM)which give me a headache when looking at it.

Normally I would use A-patch to patch my messenger but the newest build seen to be broke. WLM faces error after patch so I decided to find the other ways. =/

Finally here is the way I found. =D
This is done by editing the host address of WLM ads.




Ugly huh ?



First, go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and search for a file name "Hosts"




You might need to take control of the file.




Open the file with notepad, and add in a line "0.0.0.0 rad.msn.com" as shown.




Save it and done.





Bye bye, ads !


Note: Editing WLM violate Microsoft's Terms of Use,do it on your rational choice and I am not responsible in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment